Towards a transparent Scotland
Our Annual Report and Accounts for 2015/16 sets out the work of the Commissioner across the year to help deliver a more transparent and accountable Scotland.
Read the report:
Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16 - Double Page View (PDF - 1.89MB)
Report presented for screen viewing
Annual Report and Accounts 2015/16 - Single Page View (PDF - 2.10MB)
Report presented for easy printing
- Public awareness of FOI reached its highest ever level, at 85%
- We reduced "failure to respond" appeals by 24% (and by 35% from 2013/14)
- We issued our highest ever number of EIR decisions, at 61
- 540 appeals were made to the Commissioner - a 14% increase on last year
- We resolved 20% of our cases without the need for a decision
- We met or exceeded almost all of our investigation performance targets
- We answered 100% of our own FOI requests within 20 working days
- We delivered 3 regional roadshows, with 97% of participants rating them as "good" or "excellent".
Appeal statistics - by region and sector:
The Commissioner's 2015/16 Annual Report and Accounts (above) has details of the appeals received by the Commissioner over the year. The spreadsheets below have more information on all of the appeals received by the Commissioner since 2005, when FOI law came into effect in Scotland.
You can view this information by either geographic region, or by public authority sector (central government, local government, health, etc).
Public authority tables by Region 2005 - 2016 (Excel - 1.98MB)
Public authority tables by Sector 2005 - 2016 (Excel - 1.94MB)
Back to Top